With party season well on the way, identifying the do’s and don’ts of a dress code can become a difficult task. We’re breaking it down with a simple guide to cracking five of the most popular themes.
1. Black tie: Otherwise known as dinner dress, or a tuxedo, this is the smartest of the dress codes. Think three piece suits, bow ties and patent shoes for that polished finish.
2. Casual: Even if there isn’t much of a dress code, it doesn’t mean you can’t come looking put together. Give a t-shirt structure with a bomber jacket, and make sure your trainers are a crisp white to complete the look.
3. Smart-casual: Subtly swap out some of your stiffer pieces for new season knits- a roll neck is ideal with a textured blazer.
4. Alternative Black Tie: Although black tie is often rigid in it’s code, try mixing things up with varying patterns or fabrics like velvet.
5. Cocktail Attire: Think workwear, without the tie and swap out the structured trousers for a pair of bleached jeans. dress code can become a difficult task. We’re breaking it down with a simple guide to cracking five of the most popular themes.
Photo Credit: Getty, [Lookbook] Kevin Elezaj.