It may have just celebrated it’s 30th Anniversary, but cult aviation movie Top Gun is just as relevant as ever when it comes to military looks. Here are five ways to channel the fighter pilot this season.
1. With hardwearing details: Zips and buckles are the fast-track to nailing the military look, incorporate the details on your outerwear or new season knits for that Top Gun feel.
2. With a layering update: Khaki pieces may be the key to the aviation style, but why not update the look with a hoodie layered underneath.
3. With a classic bomber: Synonymous with army casuals, the bomber is a given. Keep yours in dark green shades, and update the look with sateen finishes.
4. With a khaki tee: Who said tailoring can’t be Top Gun? Pair a simple khaki t-shirt with your suit jacket and trousers for instant dressed down feel with a utility edge.
5. With navy elements: Maverick didn’t just wear green; he often opted for navy too. The shade goes hand-in-hand with khaki, so layer up for practical yet cool colour blocking.
Photo Credit: Getty